This why I speak up about:
- People denying the explicit and implicit racist patterns of themselves and the nation.
- People who use churchy cliches to address the state of our world, but never take personal action to be part of the remedy.
- People who attend a church that is quick to defend their favorite political leader, meanwhile ignoring the voice of black community.
- People who remain silent at injustice when it doesn’t affect them at a personal level.
- People who are quick to defend the unborn, but who actively participate in a lifestyle that oppresses the living.
- People who say they follow Jesus, but refuse to live life at the revolutionary level that He taught us to. Loving the leper, feeding the hungry, announcing inclusion for the Samaritans, and being willing to give His life for humanity.